"I still think that one of the pleasantest of all emotions is to know that I, I with my brain and my hands, have nourished my beloved few, that I have concocted a stew or a story, a rarity or a plain dish, to sustain them truly against the hungers of the world."

M.F.K. Fisher, The Gastronomical Me

Friday, March 12, 2010

New Kitchen:Old Kitchen::Eden:Hades

My husband and I are in the process of buying our first home. From a culinary standpoint, it couldn't happen soon enough. We have been in our current apartment for less than a year, and already the kitchen has almost driven me to the brink of insanity. Let me show you the tiny little galley I've been working with:
And, here are all of our wedding gifts we can't have out because there's no room:
And here's what we're getting in a little more than a month!
A nice, square kitchen with a gas stove, side-by-side fridge, a sink that's deep enough to wash big pots in, and cabinet space for all of our new kitchen things! There's also a nice, eat-in kitchen:
Needless to say, I'm very excited. Miss Browning will be in full force once she settles into this new kitchen!

For now, however, I'm stuck in the galley. Tonight, I'm cooking a roast chicken, tortellini soup, and panna cotta with berries for friends. I may complain about the size, but however small the kitchen may be, I can still create hearty, fulfilling meals. And that's what counts, right?

Enjoy!
Miss Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment